Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I have launched Online Book shop for Tamil Books

The idea was a spark. I have some talent, knowledge of online industry especially e-commerce. Why not i use that talent to create a new business model. With the growth of internet most people purchase goods and services online. I considered many things and finally concluded to open online book shop. Sales of any tangible goods require substantial investment. But i can not invest that much. I will do the marketing part. Get the orders online and the book publishers will fulfill their orders.

I will do my marketing part by hosting website, Cataloging books from various publishers, and making arrangements for online payments using credit card, net banking.

Of course, this is not a new business model as there are numerous e-commerce sites like e-bay, amazon etc. But Indian people are not much used to it. But there is a huge potential in the near future. Please take a look at my site. http://buytamilbooksonline.in and give your comments.

Currently i have plan to cater the needs of Tamil people only. That means i will be selling only Tamil books. In future i may decide to cater others as well. Right now i have arrangements for paying online using Credit/Debit card in Paypal. This is a simple and secure way to pay online. I just registered my domain the day before yesterday. I use opencart - an opensource shopping cart application. Here is the snapshot of the site,

No comments:

Privacy Policy